Last Updated: August 10, 2021
If you are a California resident, please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Advertising and Analytics
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Your California Privacy Rights
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing or physical address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Payment information, such as credit card details and billing address, when you provide this information to place orders over the phone or to our third party payment processors that collect and process payment information in order to complete transactions on our behalf (although we do not store this information);
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your nickname, age range, location; and
- Any other information you choose to provide, such as product reviews (including photos you may submit with such reviews), product questions, survey responses or customer support inquiries.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access and use our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from advertising networks and data analytics providers.
Additionally, if you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about you, such as your username, profile information, and any additional information you choose to provide.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address, infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases, or infer your interest in receiving communications from us based on your past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and to customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and Services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Alaffia and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Alaffia and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that access personal information to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, promotions, account management, content customization, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you submit a product review, product question, or post content in another public area of our Services, this information is publicly visible. We may also share product reviews with third parties that syndicate this content for publication on other retailers’ websites.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Alaffia, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We may share personal information between and among Alaffia and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership, such as the Alaffia Foundation.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Alaffia is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please email us using the contact information in the preceding sentence but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Opting out of marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional communications at any time by following the instructions included in those communications. If you opt out, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional messages, such as order confirmations or information related to your account.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers; protected classifications; commercial information; internet or electronic network activity; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; inferences; and other categories of personal data that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Advertising and marketing partners and providers, content syndication partners, data analytics providers, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, other users, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, website customization providers
Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as age
Advertising and marketing providers, content syndication partners, data analytics providers, other users
Data analytics providers, advertising and marketing providers, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers
Internet or other electronic network activity
Advertising and marketing partners and providers, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers, website customization providers
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
Content syndication partners, other users
Advertising and marketing providers, data analytics providers
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which, for purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which Alaffia has shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. We do not sell your personal information to other companies for money, however, we do allow our advertising partners to collect certain information to show you targeted advertisements, which may be considered a "sale" under the California Consumer Privacy Act. In the preceding 12 months, we have allowed our advertising partners to collect identifiers and Internet or other electronic network activity. You have the right to opt out of having your information used for targeted advertising at any time by visiting the Do Not Sell My Personal Information page. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at our toll-free number: 1-800-664-8005. We will verify your request by contacting you after receiving your request to verify your request. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Financial Incentives: We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or participate in our promotions and loyalty programs. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions provided, and you have the ability to opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional emails or contacting us. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.